- Established in 1994, opened its first store, Teddy Tales.
- In 1999, opened two outlets in a five star mall, Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur.
- Added a second brand, Party Princess, in 1999 followed by GIRLS, Miss Whatever and Heart Attack.
- Party Princess won 2nd prize in the Best Retail Category in Suria KLCC Mall in 1999.
- Established office in China in 2005.
- Started working with international partners in 2006.
Home Grown Brands
- Velvet Series owns and manages five home grown brands.
- Our globally successful brand, Girls, Party Princess, Miss Whatever, and Heart Attack today occupy retail stores in five star malls, high streets, and airports in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Dubai, Los Angeles, Damascus, Baghdad, and Cairo.
- Regular market research and a deep understanding of the global retail market make our brands serious players in the world retail scene.
- From dressing up as princesses with Party Princess from the age of 6 months, to glaming up with GIRLS from the age of 6 years, to putting together a stylish teenager with Miss Whatever from the age of 13, Velvet Series' product lines clothes young girls from head to toe with the latest designs of pretty party dresses and catwalk chic fashion of accessories, shoes, and bags.
- Heart Attack was founded by the demand for trendy accessories hot off the runway. Heart Attack is about affordable accessories to complete the look of every outfit.
The Core of Velvet Series
- Driven by a team of high caliber managers, in-house designers, and material sourcing team.
- Production facilities in Malaysia and China with strict quality control to maintain high quality products.
- A strong merchandising and quality control team in China.
- Proven as a retailer of high quality products of the latest styles at affordable prices.
- A strong retail operations team managing 35 exclusive stores in leading shopping malls and airports in Malaysia.
- A team dedicated to work and grow with our global franchise partners.
- A market development team seeking new markets for our brands.
- A strong IT team provides important sales information from the different markets we trade in.
- An International marketing team that incorporates marketing and promotion activities using traditional and social media.
- An exclusive partnership with Pepe Jeans London in 2011, opening its first store in Suria KLCC and continues to open three more stores at Mid Valley, Gurney Plaza, and Pavilion.
- The partnership between Pepe Jeans London and Velvet Series will be the beginning of a string of other great partnerships.
- To spread the Velvet Series home brands to new markets in South America, India, Africa, China, and Eastern Europe.